Thursday 7 June 2012

Love  Wallpaper
Do you like to draw? I did a lot of drawing and diagramming when studying for biology classes. I can usually remember a picture of how a process works better than a list of steps alone. I have this four-color pen that I use when taking notes and studying. It's great to have the red and blue inks when you're diagramming things like the path of blood through the heart. The bonus for me is that drawing is fun, so I don't feel like I am studying when I am doing it. I've noticed that many of the first year neuroscience students at my school use a "brain coloring book" to get familiar with the anatomy. There's one teacher who even requires it!

For the unfamiliar terminology, it's really helpful to look up the meaning of the term and the Latin or Greek root. Once you know why something is called what it is, it is much easier to remember. In fact, I think the best textbooks are the ones that give you that info when a new term is introduced. It's often very easy, because you can relate it to an English word that has the same root.

Mnemonics can be very helpful, also, especially if you need to remember something that has an order. You can make them up yourself and the goofier they are, the better. Or you can google for them and find plenty available. I would never have remembered the cranial nerves if it weren't for "On Old Olympic Towering Tops, A Finn And German Viewed Some Hops"

Love Wallpaper

Love Wallpaper

Love Wallpaper

Love Wallpaper

Love Wallpaper

Love Wallpaper

Love Wallpaper

Love Wallpaper

Love Wallpaper
Ed Sheeran | Give me love (Acoustic)
                 
Love Wallpaper
Musiq - Love
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment